Last Modified February 1, 2019
You may browse our Site without providing us your contact or other personal information. However, when you access certain services or use certain features, we my collect personal information from you.
Information We Collect Directly from You. We may ask for your name, contact information and other information under certain circumstances, including where you request additional information about Zuman or its products and services, subscribe to our newsletter, or apply to a job on the Zuman Site. If you provide us with this information we may use it to contact you or respond to your request or job application. In addition, if you post comments or other content to our Site, we collect information about the content you have posted.
Information We Collect Automatically. We (or our third party providers) may automatically collect certain information about users and their use of or access to our Site. For example, we may automatically collect the following information through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; access time; and a device identifier. This information may be linked with the personal data we have collected from you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing, advertising and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We may also use the information we collect to advertise products and services on our Site and third party sites, and to work with network advertisers to do the same.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Disclose Information
Zuman does not sell, rent, or trade information collected on the Site to third parties.
- Zuman may share information with third parties who resell the Zuman service and/or provide value added services such as retirement services, recruiting services, tax filing, and other administrative services.
- When you sign up for webinars, download white papers, or generally inquire about Zuman’s offering and/or services, we may share contact information and product interest as necessary with a third party partner, such as a partner who is sponsoring a webinar that you sign up to attend.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies). If you use our Plugin, you are agreeing that we can gather certain information about the third party sites you visit, as explained above.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks (including those operated by AdRoll) operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
Transfer of Data
Zuman may collect personal data collected in the United States via this Site, and any information we collect may be processed in the United States and elsewhere by Zuman or a party acting on our behalf. When you provide personal data to Zuman, you consent to the processing of your data inside or outside the United States.
Third Party Sites
This Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Zuman. Please be aware that we, Zuman, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Site, the Zuman Platform or our mobility applications.
We post client testimonials on our Site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you, including the Zuman newsletter. You may opt-out of such communications by sending us an opt-out request to email@example.com, or by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Correcting And Updating Your Information
You may request that we update, change or remove information posted on or submitted through our Site, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail addressed to:
5994 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 225
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of such information in our business records.
Questions regarding this Statement or the practices of this Site should be directed to Zuman by emailing such questions to email@example.com or by regular mail addressed to:
5994 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 225
Pleasanton, CA 94588
© 2019 Zuman, Inc. All rights reserved. Zuman is a trademark of Zuman, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.